i love being called pretty in general but i especially love it when other black girls call me pretty like yes, yes i am pretty and so are you. we’re both so pretty. look at us pretty black girls being aware of our prettiness. i love it
what ableism is
- actively making fun of disabled people
- deliberately triggering someone’s mental illnesses (such as doing something to mess with their ocd, or trying to trigger a mood swing if they’re bipolar, trying to trigger a breakdown if they have anxiety issues)
- asking a disabled person to do something they obviously can’t for the sake of humor and cheap laughs
- using them as the butt of a joke
what ableism isn’t
- a teenager calling someone on the internet stupid
i want to write a movie about a girl with depression who meets a boy and they become friends and thats it. he’s just another friend. she goes to therapy and learns to love herself and saves herself. because thats how it happens. thats real life. you’re the hero. you can save yourself.
I really like people like you.
Truly, existing has been so draining it’s boring. It’s been boring for years.